2017 NH GIRLS STATE TOURNAMENT
at Hanover, New Hampshire
TOURNAMENT RULES & FORMAT:
CLICK HERE to download complete 2016-2017 NHAHA operating Rules and Regulations.
TOURNAMENT RULES and REGULATIONS
- 10U Division has three teams and each team will play a two game round robin. Top two teams after Round Robin play will advance to the Championship Game
- 12U Tier II Division has four teams and each team will play a three game round robin. Top two teams after Round Robin play will advance to the Championship Game.
- 14U Tier II Division has three teams and each team will play a three game round robin. Top two teams after Round Robin play will advance to the Championship Game.
- USA Hockey Rules govern play unless otherwise specified by the NHAHA.
- Game times
- All games will play 3x12 minutes periods
- Minor Penalties are 1:30
- Major Penalties are 4:00
- Misconducts 6:00
- â€‹â€‹There is no overtime in Round Robin Play for 12U-II and 14U-II Divisions
- Teams will receive one timeout in regulation play and one in overtime.
NHAHA TOURNAMENT RULES and REGULATIONS
3.I.2. All other divisions shall be twelve (12) minute stop time periods.
3.I.3 No overtime will be played in the Round-Robin part of play in any NHAHA State Tournament. Semifinal and Final Games in all NHAHA State Tournaments will be played to a winner and will require overtime if necessary.
3.I.3.a A six (6) minute sudden death overtime will be played.
[Teams will defend their third period goal.]
3.I.3.b If the tie still exists new ice will be made.
3.I.3.c. Successive six (6) minute sudden death overtime periods will be played until a winner is determined.
[Teams will switch ends starting with the second overtime period and each Overtime thereafter].
3.K. Semi-Final Advancement and Tie Breaker Procedure
3.K.1 At the conclusion of the round robin portion of the tournament eligibility, advancement to the semi-finals shall be based on the number of points earned in the round robin play. (2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie).
3.K.1.a In the event of a tie at the conclusion of the round robin the following tiebreakers shall be applied to determine eligibility for the semi-final round.
3.K.1.b. The results of the games played between the teams tied in the following order:
3.K.1.b.(1) The points acquired in these games. (Head to Head)
3.K.1.b.(2) Subtracting goals scored against from goals scored in the games. Their position shall be in order of the greatest surplus.
3.K.1.b.(3) Dividing the goals scored in these games by the goals scored against the positions being determined in order of the greatest quotient.
3.K.1.b.(4) The team/teams will be seeded in order of the least penalty minutes. The team/teams will be seeded highest to lowest based on the least amount of penalty minutes incurred in games played in the tournament. To clarify, the team with the least penalty minutes will be the higher seeded team.
3.K.1.b. If after applying the formulas (1), (2), (3) or (4) the tie still exists, the formulas shall be applied in order (1), (2), (3) and (4) until one formula breaks the tie between all of the teams at the same time.
3.K.1.c. If the above procedure does not break the tie, the teams shall use a shootout procedure. This will involve each team selecting five (5) players who will alternate taking penalty shots. A toss of the coin will determine which team will take the first shot. If after five (5) players from both teams have completed the procedure the tie still has not been broken, it shall be repeated with any five (5) players until the standings are determined.